Friday 26 May 2017

Whatever the Hardship, Keep Rising Up!

This week's title is ironically very appropriate after the horror of last Monday in Manchester. The story of the early church was filled with the experience of persecution and the most terrible torture and killings. You could say it was because of these rather than despite them that the Church grew. Hardship makes us bitter...or better.They lead us to breakdown...or breakthrough. If we don't give up at that point when we feel we've reached the end of our resources, we find a new aliveness, the life of the risen Christ within us. (McLaren p242)

Rather than write any more, may I point you to something my friend Helen has written, so poignant and so much better than anything I could write.  http://helenfaulds.blogspot.co.uk/.

I won't be blogging next week, as I am taking a week's leave.  Next time, I will record something of Pentecost, and the launch of our 'Grasmoor' Mission Community.  Go to
www.grasmoormissioncommunity.co.uk.  

No comments:

Post a Comment